Is lithium for you?
- Do you like to free camp in preference to staying in caravan parks?
- Do you like to stay for more than a few hours or overnight at a free camp?
- Would you prefer to be able to use some of your household 240V appliances while you're free camping?
If the answer is yes to any or all of these, then lithium batteries will provide the stored energy for this choice of lifestyle far better than lead acid batteries.
If you never free camp, but travel from caravan park to caravan park where you will always have 240V power available, then lithium batteries would not be the choice for your travelling style.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt