Why T1 Lithium?
We build a custom battery and battery management system. We use some off-the-shelf products, but our systems are not off-the-shelf, because there are so many variations in every recreational vehicle.
We install custom, retro-fitted systems
- We will make a battery that will fit in the space you have available.
- We build one battery of the size you require - we don't just drop in 12v batteries and string them all together.
- We will look at what you want to run off your battery and we'll advise you on the size battery best suited to your budget and what you want to do.
- Wherever possible, we'll use your existing equipment, such as solar regulator, battery monitor, DC to DC charger and mains charger.
- We will check your existing wiring and rewire if we think it's not safe.
We've been working with lithium since 2011
- We bought our first batch of lithium batteries in 2011 and built a number of house-power battery systems as we wanted to see if these cells that were originally developed for electric vehicle applications could be used for off-grid house power, which is what an RV house system essentially is. Our original interest was to try and develop a battery for our 36 foot Bedford bus.
- Over the last seven years, we've been continuing to fine tune what we learnt in the first two years. During this time, we have installed over 30 systems, done quite a number of repairs to make existing systems from other suppliers work, and have had a lot of positive feedback as we continue to offer full support to our customers.
- We have done the hands-on research and are still continuing to do the hands-on research. We have developed a tried and proven system that provides a worry-free battery system.
If a cell fails, we can replace it
- We haven't had to do it yet, but if needed, it's nice to know you don't need to throw away your whole battery if one cell decides to die. We can do this because we build our batteries from individual Winston ThunderskyTM cells. They're not sealed in a box. The terminals are protected by a lid, but the individual cells are easily accessible.
If you sell your RV, we'll continue to provide support to the new owners
- We're confident about our systems and we're keen to hear how lithium keeps on keeping on. If you sell your RV with a T1 Lithium system, feel free to pass on our details, business card or web site address and let the new owner know that if they need assistance with their system, to feel free to get in touch with us.
To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams